Preventive Steps for Hernia
A hernia is a medical problem in which an internal organ or muscle tissue bulge out of its normal position by a weak point in the cavity it is located. Stopping muscle weakness that causes a hernia is not always possible. But, there are practices that can reduce strain on your body and probably prevent the growth of a hernia. Here are some suggestions to consider.
- Divide the amount of food you eat every day and take small meals regularly instead of the regular three meals a day.
- Eat slowly and chew every bite properly before swallowing.
- Avoid spicy, oily and acidic foods as they may cause inflammation and make it difficult for the hernia to heal.
- Stay hydrated as water is a vital component of our body and to keep that natural balance it is advised to drink lots of water and other non-alcoholic & non-aerated drinks.
- Avoid having water with your meals. Drink a glass of water an hour after and half an hour before every meal. It may decrease your chances of getting heartburn and help in the proper functioning of the digestive system.
- It is important to keep a check on the food combination. Avoid eating raw and processed food together. Moreover, the cooked food should not be overcooked as it destroys the essential vitamins.
- Indulge in having fresh vegetables and fruit juices.
- Eat more whole grains, fiber, and cereals in your diet and try to less processed foods.
- Take some time out to perform some physical activities like walking, climbing stairs, yoga or exercise.
- Lift objects properly with the use of your legs, not your back and abdomen. Avoid lifting anything that is beyond your capacity.
- Stop smoking, as it can lead to coughing that triggers a hernia.
- Obesity is a major risk factor for a hernia, so keep a healthy body weight
- Consult your doctor when you are sick with constant coughs or sneezing.
- Avoid straining during bowel movements or urination.
- Avoid wearing tight-fitting clothes as they can insert pressure to your abdomen
Get the Best Hernia Treatment in Gurgaon only @ UPHI.