When Should You Go For An IVF Treatment?
With the development of science and technology, there are several treatments available for the couple who are struggling to have their own baby. In vitro fertilization (IVF) is the most commonly used high-tech fertility treatment, in which sperm and eggs are combined in a laboratory. The resulting embryos are evaluated for quality, and one or more embryos are sited in the uterus through the cervix. In the past three decades, IVF has helped lots of women get pregnant, even when the fertility odds appear to be not in favor of them. IVF is not a simple procedure and it is quite expensive as well. Moreover, there is not 100% assurance of success for this procedure.
When should you go for IVF?
- When you are not getting pregnant, in spite of trying all other infertility treatments.
- Sometimes, women may have blocked or damaged Fallopian tubes or Fallopian tubes are absent in some cases. These women can get benefit from IVF, as the IVF practice totally bypasses the Fallopian tubes.
- When any of the partners are at risk of passing on a serious genetic disorder to their children, IVF can help them to get healthy eggs or sperm from a donor and avoid that risk.
- When you are experiencing fertility disorders like endometriosis and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- When the man has male factor infertility, IVF can help him with the use of donor sperms.
- When the woman is not being able to produce healthy eggs, IVF can help her with the use of donor eggs.
- In the case of cancer patients, they can store their healthy eggs and sperms in the frozen state in the respective banks before they undergo radiation and chemotherapy, which may affect their fertility. They can later use it in IVF after the cancer treatment is done.
- When any of the partners underwent a sterilization procedure and wants to have another child.
Connect with UPHI to avail IVF Treatment in Gurgaon