When to call a doctor when you have a Back Pain Problem?
A back pain which comes on all of a sudden and lasts no more than a month (acute) can be due to a fall or heavy lifting. Back pain that lasts more than three months (chronic) is less common than the acute one. Back pain mostly develops without a cause that your doctor may identify with a test or an imaging study. Whenever you are facing the below-mentioned symptoms and conditions, you are required to visit the doctor on an urgent basis:-
- If you experience numbness, tingling, or weakness in your groin, arms or legs, as this can be a signal of damage to the spinal cord.
- If your back pain spread out down along the back of the leg; you may be having sciatica
- If your back pain increases while coughing or bending forward at the waist as this can be a sign of herniated disc.
- If your back pain accompanied by fever, burning in urination, or recurrent and/or urgent urination. It may be a sign of infection.
- If you start to have problems controlling your bowels or bladder get urgent medical help.
Other symptoms that indicate any serious back pain problem include:
- Unexplained weight loss
- A history of trauma
- Pain that is getting worse and not getting better after you rest
- Pain that has lasted more than 6 weeks
Get the Best Back Pain Problem Treatment in Gurgaon only @ UPHI.
Check the Doctor's Profile: Dr. Debashish Chanda.