What is Hernia?
- Hernia happens when an organ or Tissue bulges out through an abnormal opening of muscles and many happen due to weak muscles or connecting tissues called Fascia.
- All organs in a body are held at its natural position with the help of muscles and Tissues.
- Most of the tissues are connected to our navel which makes the tissues around navel fragile.
- Damage to Muscle or Tissue may cause the organs around it to slip out of its natural position.
- The Bulging out of Organs or Tissues may cause severe pain or discomfort to the person.
- Hernia can occur in many parts of our body and based on the part of the body the types of Hernia are named.
What are the different Types of Hernia?
The list below is sorted based on the most common types of Hernias described by the Best Hernia Doctor in Gurgaon.
- Inguinal Hernia also called as Groin Hernia
- Femoral Hernia
- Umbilical Hernia or Paraumbilical Hernia
- Incisional Hernia or Ventral Hernia
- Epigastric Hernia
- Hiatal Hernia
- Diaphragmatic Hernia
What are the causes of Hernia?
- Hernia most happens to adult men at the groin area
- For some, it may be from birth if the abdominal tissue wall is weak.
- A hernia happens due to various reason such as Ageing.
- Strenuous physical activity may lead to sudden damage to the abdominal wall too.
- Chronic Cough which is regular in nature may strain the abdominal wall.
- Groin Hernia mainly happens at the right side of the groins.
What are the symptoms for Hernia?
Common symptoms for Hernia is
- a bulge in the abdomen
- Slight pain in the abdomen
- If you push the bulge it will go back or will fall back if you lie down on your back
- Pain in the groin when you cough or walk sometimes
- Chest pain
- Acid Reflux
Do we Require a Surgery for Hernia?
Yes, Hernia needs surgery to get healed properly. Hernia is taken as the bulge in the abdomen which may not be painful for some time, but later, it may get worse. It may be pressed with the help of supportive undergarments, but it will heal temporarily.
What are the Non-Surgical Ways to Cure Hernia?
No proven nonsurgical methods have been found so far. Still, people may choose to wear Corset, binder or truss. These supportive undergarments should be used under the guidance of experts only as wrongly worn may make the hernia worse. These undergarments ease the pain or discomfort to give you temporary relief. To get permanent relief, Surgery is the only option.
What are the Surgical Options to Cure Hernia?
General Surgeons mainly perform Hernia Surgeries
There are only 2 ways for Hernia repair Operations i.e.
- Open Hernia Repair Surgery
Laparoscopic Hernia Surgery
- This is a conventional way of operating Groin Hernia.
- It is not commonly used by General Surgeons in the established Healthcare setup.
- It is not recommended because the healing process and recovery is long too.
- This procedure is done under General Anaesthesia.
- The Hernia Surgeon makes an incision in the groin and pushes the tissue back into the abdomen.
- The Inguinal Hernia Surgeon then sews the weaken Fascia i.e. abdominal wall.
- And then uses a Surgical Mesh to hold the organ stronger at its natural position.
- It is a synthetic mesh and this procedure is also called Hernioplasty.
- The incision is then stitched.
- The patient is discharged after 2-3 days post the incision ie healed.
- Inguinal Hernia Laparoscopic Surgery is commonly also called Minimal Invasive Surgery.
- Laparoscopic Inguinal Hernia Surgery is the most common surgery performed in the world.
- Inguinal Hernia Operation is performed by experienced Laparoscopic Surgeon who has the skill to use the Laparoscopic instruments.
- This Inguinal Hernia Surgery is done under General Anesthesia.
- The Laparoscopic Hernia Surgeon makes 3-4 keyholes of nearly 1-1.5 cm. near the groins.
- With the help of Laparoscopic instruments, Surgeons pushes the tissue back into the abdomen.
- Hernia Laparoscopic Surgeon then uses a Surgical Mesh to hold the tissues back to its normal position.
- A tacker is used to hold the mesh at its position.
- The patient is discharged the next day because there are no stitches and no cuts.
What is the Preparation before the Surgical Treatment for Hernia?
- The doctor may ask you to stop some of the medications if you are already consuming such as aspirin or blood thinners.
- To relieve the pain, the doctor may prescribe some pain relievers.
- Don’t take any diet medications, herbal supplement or vitamin E
- Heart patients may ask to take heart medications.
- Before surgery, do not eat anything 6-8 hours prior to surgery
- Take a shower in the morning as it will reduce the chances of infection
What is the risk attached to Hernia Treatment?
Safe surgical procedures will be followed to ensure safe surgery. Still, some risks or complications may be attached to the treatments which are:-
- Infection of the wound
- Blood clots
- Nerve Damage
These risks are minimal and rare. Always get the whole body checkup before going through any surgical procedure.
What is the Post Operating care for Hernia Surgical Treatment?
- He may be asked to take rest for few days
- Analgesics can be provided to relieve the pain.
- Regular monitoring is required to stop the chances of recurrence.
- Advised not to strain too much as it may open the wound
What is the Cost of Inguinal Hernia Operations?
- The cost of Inguinal Hernia Operation mainly depends on the size of Hernia.
- The inguinal Hernia Repair cost also depends on patient health history.
- Our Hernia Specialist will be happy to discuss the pricing.
- We believe in fair and transparent pricing to all our patients.
Why UPHI a Wellness & Surgical Centre should be your Best choice for Hernia Treatment?
- UPHI believes in bringing the Best Super Speciality Surgeons with rich experience and highest success rates in their Speciality of Surgery.
- UPHI has the best Laparoscopic Instruments and State of the Art infrastructure to perform these Surgeries.
- UPHI has Best Laparoscopic Surgeon in Gurgaon i.e. Dr. Mir Asif as part of their team.
- Dr. Mir Asif has been part of Fortis Healthcare and has performed more than 500 Laparoscopic Surgeries.
- Dr. Mir Asif is a passionate Surgeon who believes in precision in his Surgical cases.
- UPHI Care Team with Dr. Mir Asif Laparoscopic Surgeon is highly skilled to support the patient throughout the Treatment journey.
3D Mesh Hernia Hospital in Gurgaon