Piles or Haemorrhoids Surgery
What are piles?
Piles or Haemorrhoid is also known as Bawaseer. Piles is a very common disease and affect both men and women, are swollen or inflamed tissue which contains enlarged blood vessel found around the anus or inside the rectum.
Usually, haemorrhoids do not cause any problem, until their blood supply slows down or interrupted. Piles occur when anal passage get inflamed and vein wall becomes thin and irritated by passing the bowel movements.
Around 50% people get affected by Pile at any age in their life. Pregnant women also get the experience of this condition. There is not any clear reason for what causes piles although researchers say that it might be due to weak veins.
What are the symptoms of piles?
In many cases, hemorrhoids are not serious and resolve after few days on their own. A person may have the following symptoms:
- The painful lump may be found around the anus.
- Bleeding after and during passing a stool – the blood is usually bright red.
- Pain during passing stool.
- Bowel feeling even after passing stool.
- Itching at the bottom.
- a mucus discharge after passing a stool.
- Anus area is sore, red and swollen.
What are the types of piles?
Piles can be divided into two categories:
- Internal Piles – Which cannot be seen or felt from the outside and which lies only inside the rectum. Bleeding is the only symptom of this type of piles.
Internal piles can be classified into 4 grades:
- Grade 1: This lies within the lining of the anus.
- Grade 2: which also lie within the anus but larger than type 1. It might be pushed out during passing stool and get back to its position on its own.
- Grade 3: This is known as ‘prolapsed haemorrhoids’. It appears outside the anus and it can be pushed back by pressing against them.
- Grade 4: This permanently hangs outside the anus and remains outside. These cannot be pushed back. Sometimes it becomes larger and needs to be operated by doctors.
- External Piles – Which are formed in small lumps and located around the anus, beside the pain-sensing veins. It will get worse when the blood clot blocks the flow of the blood and start bleeding. It may require immediate medical attention.
What causes piles?
There is not an exact reason what causes piles. Some may appear with no reason while some may develop just because of the increased pressure in the lining of the anal canal which contains many blood veins. Due to this pressure, these veins got swelling and inflamed then develop piles.
Other factors which might increase the risk of developing piles:
- Genetic History: If there is a family history of piles then there is an increased risk of developing piles.
- Diet: Taking less fluid and fiber in the diet is a risk of developing piles.
- Obesity: Being overweight is one of the causes of a pile.
- Pregnancy: Pregnancy gives you increased pressure on your pelvic blood vessels and causes piles.
- Sitting position: Sitting for a long time in the same position and also for the toilet.
- Age factor: Getting older will get your supporting tissue weaker which increases the risk of piles.
- Heavy Weight: lifting the heavyweight on regular basis will also increase the risk of piles.
- Diarrhea: Constipation and cough with vomiting is a reason of pile.
If you have piles, a doctor can usually perform a visual examination of the anus to diagnose piles.
You may also be asked some questions to be a doctor like:
- If you have a family history of piles?
- If you have seen any blood while passing stool and also the stool colour?
- If you have been obesity or any weight loss in recent time?
- If you notice changes in the bowel movements?
A Doctor may also Lab examination:
Proctoscope: Doctor may also perform a digital rectal exam to check signs of piles inside the anus with the help of Proctoscope. A proctoscope is a hollow tube fitted with light to see the anal canal closely. It also can take small tissues from inside for lab analysis for pile or any other digestive system diseases.
Colonoscopy: If a person has symptoms of piles, The doctor may recommend a colonoscopy, for the analysis of any other digestive system disease or if there is any risk of colorectal cancer.
Sigmoidoscopy: It is a small fibre-optic camera that is used to diagnose internal haemorrhoid or piles. The sigmoidoscope is fitted into a small tube and is inserted into the rectum to examine. It provides a clear view of the rectum and displays abnormalities inside the rectum.
The doctor may also suggest anoscopy which can clearly show the internal piles.
Most Advanced Laser Piles Treatment and Operation at UPHI Hospital and USA FDA Approved Surgery Hospital in Gurgaon
Overview of Piles or Haemorrhoid Treatment
- Piles Treatment is also called Haemorrhoid Treatment and also spelled as Hemorrhoids by most people.
- In local terms, everyone prefers to call it Bavarsir or common spelled as Bawaseer.
- External Piles is like a swelling in the Anal Region.
- External Hemorrhoid treatment should be mainly done by Laser Piles Specialist.
- These procedures are in a medical term called Hemorrhoidectomy which is a Haemorrhoid Treatment.
- In the 3rd Grade Piles most there is Bleeding Piles situation.
Why should you operate Piles by Diode Laser 1470 15W by Laser Piles Doctor Specialist?
- There is no better option than this in the world currently.
- Very minimum Pain; as good as none.
- Instant relief from existing pain and symptoms.
- It’s only a 20 mins procedure.
- Resume work the same day after the Laser Surgery.
- No Scar post the Laser Piles Operation.
- Minimal bleeding so low risk & faster recovery.
- Greater precision during surgery.
- No more Piles Pain for your posts the Surgery.
- Managed zero recurrences till date.
Why you should choose UPHI A Wellness & Surgical Centre for Laser Piles Treatment?
- UPHI – A Wellness & Surgical Centre is one of the only centers within Delhi NCR which uses Diode Laser 1470nm 15W.
- Diode Laser 1470nm 15W is the most latest & advanced Laser Hemorrhoids Treatment in the world currently.
- There is no comparison for Diode Laser treatment Machine against the old Laser Treatment for Piles.
- Our Surgeon Dr. Vaibhav Kapoor a Piles Doctor has undergone an extensive training internationally on this Machine.
- We understand Patient Care for Piles Surgery better than anyone else.
- No waiting time, Book an appointment Now with our specialist surgeon and book your day of Treatment at the earliest.
About Dr. Mir Asif Rehman
Consultant – General Surgeon and Laparoscopic Surgeon
- Consultant at UPHI Hospital
- House Officer at Lok Nayak Jai Prakash Hospital
- Junior Resident at Sher-E-Kashmir Institute Of Medical Science
- Junior Resident at Indraprastha Apollo Hospital
- Senior Resident at Fortis Escorts Heart Institute
- Senior Resident at Sir Ganga Ram Hospital
- Ex-Consultant at Park Hospital
- Ex-Consultant at W Pratiksha Hospital
Area of Expertise
- Hydrocele Surgery
- Fistula Treatment
- Anal Fissure Treatment (Non-Surgical & Surgical)
- Lap Hernia Surgery
- Bariatric (weight loss) Surgery
- Sebaceous Cyst Excision
- Laser Piles Surgery
- Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Other Related Procedures
Gallbladder Removal Surgery
Gallbladder is pear shaped organ which is a part of human digestion system, just right below the liver. ...
We are providing advance laparoscopic Hernia Surgery under experienced hernia surgeon Dr. Mir Asif ...